When gluing acrylic there are many factors to take into consideration.
- Is the acrylic extruded or cast material?
- Is the joint a decorative one or a structural joint?
- Is the joint for an internal or external application?
- Is the joint ever going to be exposed to water?
- Has the material been polished or stressed in its production prior to it needing gluing?
- Is it going to be polished or stressed post gluing?
- Are the joints nice and tight allowing capillary action to take place or will a gap filling thicker adhesive be required?
- Will the final product come into contact with food?
We hope that having had many years of experience (our family business was established over 70 years ago!) of solving questions like this, our gluing acrylic skills are second to none. If you have a fabrication project you would like us to get involved with then please Contact us directly. We will do our best to advise you.
To find out more about the different techniques used when working with acrylic, including gluing, you may like to have a look at this you tube clip by Skillbuilder: Seven Tips for Working With Acrylic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWAMdmJPdhg#action=share